Saturday, October 26, 2013

Review ~ No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy **Adult Novel**

No Country for Old Men
by Cormac McCarthy
Adult Suspense
Published: October 9th 2007
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

In No Country for Old Men, Cormac McCarthy simultaneously strips down the American crime novel and broadens its concerns to encompass themes as ancient as the Bible and as bloodily contemporary as his morning's headlines.

My Review: 
**2.5 Stars**

This is a really short review, but there isn't too much I can say about this book. I will start with the good.... I really liked the story of the book. The whole man-hunt with the different perspectives was great. I know I would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't for all the bad.

Now, for the bad. The writing style is HORRIBLE. Everything is so disjointed and there is little to no punctuation. It made it very hard to tell who was speaking and when, and what was just thoughts vs. speech. The writing honestly gave me a headache.

I do plan on watching the movie so I can see the story without all the headache writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment