Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review ~ Prodigy by Marie Lu

Prodigy (Legend #2)
by Marie Lu
YA Dystopian
Published: January 29th 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request-June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It's their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she's haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood-what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.

My Review: 
**4 Stars**

Oh boy, where do I start? June and Day are fantastic as always. I can't stand the Patriots and Anden is great. There... that is my review.

Just kidding. I really don't like the Patriots though. That part is true. They are just another form of the Republic vying for power. And we really see this lack of difference when June and Day make it to the colonies. Yup, they do.

Now onto Anden. I like him. I think he will be the leader that the Republic needs. One the people can rally behind. I just don't think he and June should end up together. She and Day have gone through too much for their relationship to end. Yes, he is a good fit for June, but the June before she met Day.

Arg. There are so many questions left unanswered. I cannot wait for Champion to come out. I am really excited to learn what happens to not only Day and June but the country as well. Wondering if it will still just be from their two perspectives or if a third will be added in... hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment