Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review ~ The Collector by Victoria Scott

The Collector (Dante Walker #1)
by Victoria Scott
YA Paranormal
Published: April 2nd 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

Dante Walker is flippin' awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of Hell's best - a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante's an equal opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he'll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment: Collect Charlie Cooper's soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that's a permanent ticket out of Hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he's come to collect - he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions long ago buried.

My Review: 
**4 Stars**

I didn't realized until I read The Collector how rare it is for a book to actually be in first person, especially from a guy's perspective. The whole book read almost like Dante's diary (ok, he is too cool for a diary - a journal then).

I really liked the story, and I like how Charlie was an ordinary looking girl, but with a big heart. It makes her all the more special. Normally a hot guy like Dante wouldn't look twice at her, but he has to for his job - which is his benefit. He gets to know the real Charlie and falls for her.

There is so much I would love to write, but I would be giving away a lot - so I won't. I cannot wait for  The Liberator to be released. I know it is going to be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment