Friday, June 28, 2013

Review ~ The Tailor by Leigh Bardugo

The Tailor (The Grisha #1.5)
by Leigh Bardugo
YA Fantasy
Published: May 23rd 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb: 

New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view. Exclusively on Facebook. (Link)

My Review: 
**4.5 Stars**

So, it wasn't enough that we weren't really sure how to feel about Genya at the end of Shadow and Bone and through most of Siege and Storm. Nope, Leigh Bardugo had to go and write a scene from Genya's perspective. Now I really don't know how to feel about her.

I do like how we got to see a little peek into how Genya was treated when she originally was sent to the Queen. She was a prize to be shown off. Then she grew older and caught the eye of the King, like many others in the palace.

Do I like Genya? No. Do I hate her? No. I feel for her. I feel for everything she was put through and given the same opportunities would I do the same thing? I don't know. She was trying to save her own hide - even if it cost others.

No comments:

Post a Comment