Sunday, June 30, 2013

ARC Review ~ Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris

Taste the Heat (Love and Games #1)
by Rachel Harris
Romance (Adult)
Expected Publication Date: July 8th 2013
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

One sexy fire captain. One Cajun chef, One combustible kitchen...

When chef Colby Robicheaux returned home to New Orleans to save her family restaurant, the last person she expected to reconnect with was her brother's best friend and her childhood crush. As tempting as a sugar-coated beignet, Jason is one dish she doesn't want to taste. Colby is counting down the days till she can leave the place where her distrust of love and commitment originated and go back to Vegas.

Fire captain Jason Landry isn't looking for love, either. He knows he should focus on finding the perfect mother for his daughter, but when he first sees Colby, all grown up and gorgeous, he can't help but be drawn to her. And when she suggests a no-strings-attached fling, Jason doesn't want to say no.

As their relationship grows more intense, Colby finds that Jason isn't as easy to leave behind as she thought. Could turning up the heat on something real be worth the possibility of getting burned?

My Review: 
**4 Stars**
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. 

So, as some of you can probably tell from past reviews, I am not a romance genre person. HOWEVER, I loved Rachel Harris' teen book (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century), so I wanted to give Taste the Heat a shot. I was pleasantly surprised!

I am not a big fan of all the sex in most adult romances, which is why I shy away from them. Taste the Heat, while it had a lot of sexual tension, didn't have much actual sex. And what there was, wasn't described in detail. (Huge plus for me!)

I really liked the story line and how HE had the child and how they both had closed off their hearts. I also like how we see through both Colby and Jason's eyes. I actually almost wish for a novella of Sherry.

Really good read, even if you aren't a romance fan. I look forward to reading the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment