Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review ~ Amber House by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed, & Larkin Reed

Amber House (The Amber House Trilogy #1)
by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed, & Larkin Reed
Young Adult Paranormal
Published October 1st 2012
Goodreads Link

Blurb:

"I was sixteen the first time my grandmother died..."

Sarah Parsons has never seen Amber House, the grand Maryland estate that's been in her family for three centuries. She's never walked its hedge maze nor found its secret chambers; she's never glimpsed the shades that haunt it, nor hunted for lost diamonds in its walls.

But all of that is about to change. After her grandmother passes away, Sarah and her friend Jackson decide to search for the diamonds--and the house comes alive. She discovers that she can see visions of the house's past, like the eighteenth-century sea captain who hid the jewels, or the glamorous great-grandmother driven mad by grief. She grows closer to both Jackson and a young man named Richard Hathaway, whose family histories are each deeply entwined with her own. But when the visions start to threaten the person she holds most dear, Sarah must do everything she can to get to the bottom of the house's secrets, and stop the course of history before it is cemented forever.

My Review: 
**4.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: I always get nervous when I see books written by multiple people. Generally the book doesn't have a continuous flow to it. However, Amber House did! I really liked the story and can't wait for more.

PROS: Hmm... favorite character... can I pick three? :) Sarah, Jackson, and Sam were all awesome. Sam is sooo cute! I love how the authors gave him so much sweet innocence. Sarah was written beautifully. I loved how the authors made her struggle with her powers. Does she accept them? Does she try to ignore them?

CONS: I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I almost wish it hadn't gone the way it did, but I understand why and how it is part of Amber House's "magic". Ugh. Sarah's mom is awful, but I guess that should kind of go under a pro, since she was written to where you aren't supposed to like her.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I have to wait until December for the next book?!?!?!?! Darn. This is what I get for reading a great book right away. Now I have to wait, patiently I guess, for Neverwas to come out. Please hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment