Sunday, September 9, 2012

Veiled Innocence Review

Veiled Innocence (The Soul Cycle, #1)
Book: Veiled Innocence
Author: Krystle Jones
Book One in The Soul Cycle Series
Publication Date: 2nd Edition ~ August 19th 2012
Edition Read: Kindle

Goodreads Blurb:

Sometimes your greatest battles are fought from within. 

Lianora has never placed much stock in the gods or in the lore of the land. She especially never believed the legends that spoke of a lost ancient magic, a magic woven from the fabric of people's souls. So when she discovers the teardrop necklace, she thinks it to be nothing special - until the visions begin, horrific glimpses of an approaching evil, mingled with fragments of a legendary empress' shattered past. 

Try as she might, Lianora cannot ignore the omens. As the visions worsen, she finds herself internally battling a shadowy voice that seems bent on consuming her whole. When tragedy strikes her home, she is forced to flee and team up with Vishka, a beautiful, fierce warrior shrouded in mystery, and Rowan, a brooding young knight. Together, the reluctant allies must find a way to conquer the darkness threatening to overtake the land of Eresea, and Lianora will have to come to terms with the destiny she never asked for. 

With gripping action, forbidden romance, and magical intrigue at every page, Veiled Innocence is the first installment in a epic fantasy saga that will leave readers on the edges of their seats begging for more. 

My Review: 
**4 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: First, I would like to thank Krystle for providing a copy for me to review. Ok, now onto the review… It is actually kind-of hard for me to wrap my head around a review for this book. There was so much in it!

PROS: Ok, team Rowan! I really like his character. He has been through a lot and it has made him a better person. He doesn’t just take someone’s word, but is skeptical until he figures it out himself. All of the characters were written perfectly. The setting was also great. I love all the names created for everything. 

CONS: The book was a little slow in some parts, but honestly that may be just me. I have a harder time reading long books on the Kindle. It takes me a while to get through them. I think one of the things I wish was that we (as the reader) knew more of what was going on. I know that we are supposed to learn everything with Lian, but I wish we just knew a little bit more than her, that way we could yell at her when she is being stupid and blind. : ) (Yes, I love to yell at the characters in books). 

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: A good read. It really sucked me in from the first chapter. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment