Thursday, September 13, 2012

Girl of Nightmares Review

Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)Book: Girl of Nightmares
Author: Kendare Blake
Book Two in the Anna Series
Published: August 7th 2012
Edition Read: Hardcover

Blurb:

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live - not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But sometime is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.

Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

My Review:
**3.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Wow, this review is hard. I don't know where to even start. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, but I'm just not sure how I am going to review it. First, let me say that it is just as creepy as the first one.

PROS: I am so glad we got to meet Gideon. All I could picture when I read about him was Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I lov Thomas and Carmel together. The only problem with their relationship is that if it was real life, with how petty high school is, Carmel would no longer be one of the most popular girls in school. It is unfortunate, but in most high schools, pettiness rules.

CONS: I don't remember there being so much language in the last book. There was quite a bit in this one, and even though it was put in the appropriate parts, it seemed out of place. Cas got annoying sometimes. He kept wondering why Gideon and his mom wouldn't believe him and kept telling him to "leave it alone", but he wouldn't give them all the information. He wasn't telling them everything that kept happening to him.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Good book, but not as good as the first in the series. One that you shouldn't read before bed because of the creep factor. (Of course, I didn't pay attention to my own advice and finished the book late at night.) : )



No comments:

Post a Comment