Friday, September 14, 2012

Author Interview with Krystle Jones

Please welcome Krystle Jones. Krystle currently has two books out Veiled Innocence (The Soul Cycle Book 1) and The Scarlet Dagger (The Red Sector Chronicles Book 1) and will be releasing A White So Red and Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles Book 2) very soon.

I have included information about Krystle's great books after the interview. Please be sure to check them out!

Now for the interview...

1. Have you always wanted to be an author?
No, actually, although I've always written stories and have loved to read since I was little. It didn't really hit me until about 2 years ago that I would like to do this for a living.

2. Are there any authors who have influenced your writing?
I love anything by Richelle Mead. I have all her books. I'm also a big fan of Robin McKinley (a childhood favorite).

3. Who was your favorite character to write in Veiled Innocence and why?
Honestly, my favorite character in VI is Erebus, though he doesn't take on a larger role until Book 2. He's just kind of fun and sexy, and I find that really enticing about him, as a creator. Out of my viewpoint characters - Lian, Vishka, and Rowan - I would say Lian was the most fun for me to write because of her spunk and also her mental instability when she begins to think the visions are a sign she's going crazy.

4. Do you prefer to write with pen and paper or on a laptop/computer?
I prefer to do my notetaking/outlining with pen and paper, but I like to write my stories on my laptop.

5. What do you think makes a good story?
For me, it's anything that distracts me from real life. I don't necessarily read to be enlightened; I read for an escape. If it manages to take my mind off work/life for a few blissful hours, then it's done its job.

6. Is there a specific food or drink that you like to have handy while you are writing?
Dr. Pepper!

7. What can we expect to see in your new book A White So Red?
Action and adventure, definitely. Ghosts (sort of). Zombies. A handsome, flirtatious prince. Lots of twists and turns. An exiled princess who comes into her own to take out the wicked queen. Snow/Natalia is definitely a strong, kickass female.

8. Can you describe A White So Red in five words or less?
Exciting, dark, romantic, bittersweet, magical.

9. Coffee, tea, or neither?
Not a coffee drinker, but I love sweet tea. (The sweeter, the better. I am from the South. ;) )

10. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors out there?
Practice every day and read a lot. You can learn a great deal from reading people who are where you want to be. Use them not only for entertainment, but as study guides. If you really like the book, why? If not, why? Also pay attention to scene structure and the way other authors shape their plots. Why do some work and others don't.


Krystle Jones' Books:

The Scarlet Dagger (The Red Sector Chronicles, #1)  Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles, #2)  Veiled Innocence (The Soul Cycle, #1)  A White So Red

Links:

The Scarlet Dagger:
Goodreads
Amazon

Dark Horizons:
Goodreads
**Coming Soon**

Veiled Innocence: 
Goodreads
Amazon

A White So Red:
Goodreads
**Coming Soon**

4 comments:

  1. Omg I just saw that you were doing an interview with Krystal and I rushed over here lol.

    Awesome interview! I love getting inside authors head so thanks for this!

    I also wanted to comment on all the revised covers of all the books! They all look amazing and I will definitely be buying a copy of all because their so pretty and I love Krystals writting as well.

    Thank again and I enjoyed the interview. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love finding out different things about authors too.

      Delete