Friday, August 10, 2012

Why I Love Grimalkin from the Iron Fey Series.

This image is similar to how I picture Grimalkin, only not necessarily with the smile. I think that he would look bored almost all the time. 

Why I Love Grimalkin from the Iron Fey Series

Why do I love Grimalkin? Do you really have to ask that?

From the very moment Grim appeared in The Iron King I absolutely loved him. I love the fact that he is similar to the Cheshire Cat in Alice and Wonderland and yet different.

Grim has made it very clear throughout all the Iron Fey books that he always has his own agenda in mind. I think that at first that may have been the case, but towards the end of the series, I think he made sure his “agenda” fell in line with whatever adventure Meaghan, Puck or Ash were on.

Grim wants everyone to think that he is only out for himself, but in reality I think he grew to love Meaghan, Puck and Ash each in their own way. I could never see him causing any of them actual harm.

As a final note, I think that there is more to Grim that we even know. We saw a lot more of another side of Grim in The Iron Prince. And I think that is only a small portion of what Grim can do and who he really is.

I love Grim for all these reasons and more.

Thank you Julie Kagawa for creating such a diverse and fantastic character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment