Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dearly, Beloved Review

Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
**3.5 Stars**

I received a copy of this ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. 

MY OVERVIEW: Oh Lia Habel, you have made me change my mind about steampunk. I now love it. I honestly had a rough time decided what to rate this book. It was between a 3 and a 3.5. I almost decided to create a 3.25 rating just for this book, but ending up settling on 3.5 because of the beautiful ending.

PROS: Great continuation of Dearly Departed. Of course, Ren is awesome! I just wish there was a little more of him in this book. The book focused more on Bram, Nora, and some other characters and less on the main zombies from the last book. We did still see Chas, Tom, Coalhouse, Ren & the others, but not as much as in the last book. I did love how we got to hear about Dr. Chase and Samid’s background. It was a really moving story. 

CONS: There were too many character changes in this book. Not that there were different characters, but the characters themselves changed. Pam went back to how she was in the very, very beginning of Dearly Departed where all she does is worry and it is very annoying. Coalhouse also changed a lot. I really liked him in the last book, but really couldn’t stand him in this one. He was too whiney. 

I think the biggest downfall in this book though was that there were too many Point of Views. In the last book there were five, which is a lot, but it was well done. In this book, there were six. It was just too much. There was a lot going on all around and it just got a little confusing. 

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Oh my god. The ending couldn’t have been written better. It was beautiful. I won’t give anything away, but it just made me so happy! There are still a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up though – so here I am again – anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment