Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dead Girl Review

Deadgirl
**3 Stars**
I was provided a copy indirectly from the author (through a group on Goodreads.com) for an honest review.

MY OVERVIEW: Yikes, I don’t really know how to do an overview on this book. It wasn’t really that memorable, and I just put it down.

PROS: I liked Luce. She was a believable teenage character. There were a few points where she slipped a little from the believable realm. I also liked Morgan. I think she was my favorite. I honestly wish there was more of her in the book. 

CONS: It is pretty confusing at times. You don’t fully understand what is going on because Luce (Lucy) doesn’t and you are in her head. I just wish that there was a little more explanation earlier on in the book. Also, I didn’t really like Puck. I know you were supposed to, but the whole “maybe” hand gesture thing got really annoying. Especially when you find out that he knows a lot more than he is letting on.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I am glad I read it. It isn’t a book I would re-read, but I am glad I read it once. Would I recommend it? Maybe to the right person, but the book just wasn’t memorable or original enough for me. I saw a lot of different books I have read recently in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment