Friday, August 24, 2012

Crushed Review

Crushed (The Witch-Game #1)Goodreads Blurb:

The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers. 

Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy's faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe. 

But something isn't quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn't behave like a boy who's been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn't know what to think. Does he hate her or is truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?


**3.5 Stars**
I received a copy of this book from the author through a read-to-recap program on Goodreads for an honest review. 

MY OVERVIEW: The first couple chapters weren’t the best. I was really excited to read this book, but the first few chapters kinda ruined that excitement. However, it did pick up about 3 chapters in.

PROS: Zach. I really liked Zach. You never had to question who he really is. I really enjoyed the story. It isn’t like any other story I have read before. I grew to like Kristen. I really didn’t like her in the beginning cause her character was pretty flat, but the writing improved and her character became really likeable. 

CONS: The beginning was slow and petty. Granted, Brittany is petty through the whole book, but the story itself isn’t. As I said in my Pros, I didn’t like Kristen at the beginning. Her character wasn’t written that well at first, it seemed rushed. But as the book progressed, her character grew.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: An enjoyable read. I don’t know how there is going to be another in the series as it seems pretty impossible considering the ending (No – not gonna tell you so don’t ask) : ). 



No comments:

Post a Comment