Monday, July 9, 2012

Starcrossed Review

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
**3.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Well, I was really torn about whether to give this 3.5 stars or 4, and I finally settled on 3.5. The reason why is that I think the book should have ended much sooner.

PROS: I really enjoyed the story line. The whole take on Greek gods and Troy was really interesting and I can’t wait to see where the author takes it in the next book. Claire was fantastic! I hope we see more of her and Jason in the next book. Helen and Lucas' characters are really great as well. (Although it did get pretty obvious whose lives they were mirroring). Helen is such a strong character, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. I can't wait to see how she handles her journey in the next book.

CONS: There were a lot of things that were made very obvious to readers, but the characters didn’t realize them until chapters later. I really think the book should have ended around page 325 or so. It started to get a little drawn out, and would have been a good stopping point for a continuation in the next book. However, I do understand why the book ended where it did, but still think it could have been made into 2 books instead of 1. 

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read the next one. I just hope the next book isn’t as drawn out as this one was.



No comments:

Post a Comment