Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Reckoning Review


** 3.5 Stars**

Spoiler alert!

MY OVERVIEW: The best book out of the series. I did have to keep reminding myself that Chloe is only 15 and everyone else isn’t much older. It really did seem like they were all at least 16 or 17. 

PROS: The character development in this book was so much better than the other two. I know I said I liked Derek in the first one, but not in the second – well, I am back to liking him again. **Spoiler**[It is a really nice change to have the heroine end up with the “not-hot” guy. I am really glad Chloe and Derek ended up together.] This book had the right amount of action, suspense, and cover-up. 

CONS: It was a little confusing at some points trying to remember who is good and who is bad. It was also a little hard to follow what was going on when Chloe was temporarily trapped in the dark room back at the Edison Group building. (No – I did not just give anything away. You all knew there was a rescue plan for Rae and Aunt Lauren). ☺ 

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: I am actually disappointed that this is the last book in the series. The ending really didn’t “end”. There are still a lot of questions left unanswered, but I guess maybe they will be answered in the last Darkness Rising book. My overall opinion on the series is that it was good, but not great. I really like Darkness Rising better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment