Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Liebster Award


Hi everyone! Josie over at You Only Write So Much tagged me for the Leibster Award. I had never heard of it before and here is the information on what it is: 

Basically it is an award given to bloggers who currently have under 200 followers. The award winners are to:
(a) share eleven facts about themselves
(b) answer eleven questions asked by the blogger who tagged them.
(c) come up with their own set of eleven questions to ask bloggers and 
(d) tag eleven bloggers who they think are worthy of this award.
Rules from Here.  

11 Facts about who I am: 
1. I am 26 years old and live in Connecticut. (Ok, so that was 2 facts - but who's counting) :)
2. My husband and I just had a baby boy 3 months ago.
3. Before my son was born, the only baby in the house was our crazy cat Frodo. 
4. Yes, as you can tell by my cat's name, I am a big Tolkien fan. 
5.  I am also a huge Star Wars fan and even own a lot of the books. 
6.  I am also a big Stargate SG-1 fan and own actual replicator blocks used in the show and have the Stargate symbol tattoo'd on my ankle.
7.  I am the oldest of three girls... and sorry to say... the shortest.
8. My favorite band is Skillet and I have seen them 4 times in concert, and hope to see them again!
9.  I went to a technical school for Photography and graduated with not only a certificate in Photography, but also with a boyfriend who became my husband a year later. 
10. My favorite animal is the Orca, and it is my dream to touch one (obviously not in the wild, but at Sea World or something). 
11. I guess the last fact you should know about me is that, even though I am 26, I still prefer YA books to a lot of the adult ones out there. 

Here are my questions from Josie: 

1. Paranormal fiction or realistic fiction? Why?
I prefer paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi books to realistic. It give me a chance to escape from everyday life and think about something completely different. Especially now that I have a son, I don't really want to be reading about gruesome murders and such.

2. Your Top 5 Favorite books right now?
My absolute favorite book is The Giver. Then, hmm... does the Harry Potter series and LOTR series each count as one book? :)  So, after The Giver it would be Lord of the Rings (yes I am counting it as one), Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Harry Potter Series (again, yes counting as one), and last but not least The Hobbit.

3. If you had to spend one day with a character from a book, who would it be and why?
Uh oh. Questions are getting harder. :)  Maybe Dumbledore, so I could ask him why he put Harry through so much without any explanation. 

4. Thoughts about insta-love? (Love at first sight in books)
Ok, I'm back - just had to go throw up. :)  I think it is misleading to teenagers out there. I really don't think there is any such thing as "Love" at first sight. I do believe in attraction at first sight - which can eventually lead to love. Love is such a strong emotion and one that takes time to build in a relationship.

5. Have you ever read a book that you just wanted to throw across the room? What book and why?
Hmm, that is a hard one. There have been books that I haven't finished, but one that I wanted to throw across the room?  Probably A Midsummer Night's Dream. I don't understand Shakespeare, and was only able to get about 3 pages into this book before getting too frustrated and putting it down. I am waiting for the No Fear Shakespeare version of this book to come in at the library so I can try again. Hopefully it will go better next time. 

6. Do you read in one sitting, or very little in multiple times?
A combo of both. I will tend to read for an hour or two at once, then put a book down for a little bit while I feed and play with my son. Then, once he is asleep, I will pick the book back up again. 

7. Coke or Pepsi?
No contest.... Pepsi!!! I can't stand the taste of Coke and have only bought it to use with mentos and to clean my toilet (yes - it works!). 

8. Twilight or Hunger Games? Why?
Again, no contest. The answer is Hunger Games. I won't go into my whole spiel about how much I hate Twilight, but lets just leave it at the fact that I am a huge Buffy fan and VAMPIRES DO. NOT. SPARKLE! Oh... and don't get me wrong, I read the first book in the Hunger Games series and really enjoyed it. I plan on reading the other two very soon.

9. Do you like the brooding, tough bad guys or the good- natured and caring guys in books? Why?
The good natured guy wins in by book (pun intended)! Sorry, but I don't feel like the brooding tough guy will ever treat a girl like she should be treated. 

10. Coffee or Tea?
Depends on my mood and the time of day. I like Iced Tea in the summer, but also am guilty of being addicted to Starbucks' Coconut Mocha Frapp. :)

11. Kindle/Nook or Printed Books (real books)? Why?
Printed will always win in my opinion (even though I have recently been borrowing a Kindle). I love the feel and smell of printed books. People have said that scent is the strongest memory trigger, and I agree. I remember certain books by the way they smelled when I first read them. The best scent is a brand new book that hasn't been touched yet. 

**These were all great questions. Thank you Josie for tagging me!**

Here are my questions for the blogs I have tagged (below):

1. What genre of book do you read the most of? Why?
2. Printed book or eBook? Why?
3. What is your favorite book series right now and why?
4. Romance in books? Yea or nay? And how much do you think is appropriate?
5. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts (or neither)?
6. Who is your favorite villan (book or movie) and why?
7. If you could be one character from any book, who would it be and why?
8. If you could change the ending of any book (or series), what book would it be and how would you change it?
9. If you could take a vacation (not live there) into any book world, where would it be and why?
10. What is your favorite and least favorite movie based on a book (elaborate please)?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kari. Thanks again! Here's my link:
    http://wheneverlifegetstough.blogspot.com/2012/07/leibster-award.html
    sorry I'm not yet able to pick 11 people to tag. still looking. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your answers. I think you want to go to Egypt, was that right ;). I had to search for my 11 blogs too, so don't feel bad. And yes, the movie one is fine to skip - it is a harder question. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. http://littlemissbookfreak.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html Sorry if you've already done it.

    ReplyDelete