Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fallen Review

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
**2.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Well, I don’t really know how I feel about this book. I liked it at some points, and really didn’t at others. 

PROS: All the characters are fantastic. Penn and Arriane were the best. Both really great friends in completely different ways. I think the two characters I didn’t like were Molly (who you aren’t supposed to like) and Gabbe. But Gabbe’s character did change towards the end and I have a feeling I will like her more in the next book. 

CONS: There were a few cons for me. The biggest being the fact that the book didn’t answer everything. You still have no real idea what is going on at the end of the book. A few things are answered in the last 100 pages or so, but not enough. Most books would have had the main character’s revelation happen at least halfway through, but this one left everything to the end. I also didn’t like the whole Cam/Daniel – how do I choose thing. I wasn’t rooting for either of them, and I feel like I should have been. 

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Normally, when I rate a book this low, I wouldn’t consider reading the next in the series. However, I do plan on making an exception in this case. I think it is more out of wanting to know what is going and getting the answers that should have been in this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment