Monday, July 30, 2012

City of Bones Review

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)**4.5 Stars**


BIG SPOILER ALERT

MY OVERVIEW: I love how the author perfectly wove a fantasy world into NYC and created new ones just under the surface. 

PROS: All the characters were great. Although, I was annoyed with Simon a few times when he was following Isabella around. I really thought it was great how the author built the relationship between all the characters and really strengthened their bond towards the end of the book. Luke was one of my favorite characters and I am glad the author gave him a key role in Clary’s life pre- and post-“seeing”. 

CONS: SPOILER [I almost cried when the book confirmed that Jace is Clary’s brother, even though I had figured it out a chapter before when Luke was giving his background. I didn’t want Clary to end up with Simon, I wanted her to end up with Jace – but that is no longer possible.]

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: A really enjoyable story. One which I can’t wait to continue in the next book. 


SIDE NOTE: I did see that this book is going to be made into a movie, and I am not sure how I feel about this. I don’t think the movie will give the book justice and I don’t like/agree with most of the casting choices (especially Jace). (IMDB Link to Movie Info)


No comments:

Post a Comment