Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Awakening Review

The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
** 3.5 Stars**

MY OVERVIEW: Better than the first in the series, but still not as great as the next series. Now that a lot of the “background” is done, it was easier to get into this book. I just wish there was more description on the doctors and nurses. None of them are really described.

PROS: Chloe’s character was much better in this book. I still love the inner monologue the author gave her and it really works with her character. We learn about Tori’s power (which is pretty cool) and a lot more about what the Edison Group (group that ran the Lyle House) really does. We didn’t really read too much about Simon, but I did like his character in this book. I just can’t tell who Chloe really likes; Derek or Simon.

CONS: Ok, so I did a flip flop with the characters. Rae completely changed in this book (won’t go into detail as it will spoil it) and Derek was so annoying. He did get better at the end, but was constantly yelling at everyone, especially Chloe. I think he was the biggest downfall of this book (even more-so than Tori). Once he finally realized his problem was with himself and he was just taking it out on everyone else, he did lighten up; but until then it was very frustrating and annoying.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS: Good middle book. Answered a lot of questions from the first one, and left more open for the last (which I will be reading next). Oh yeah… and I like that we saw Tori’s mom too, even if she is a major witch. ☺



2 comments:

  1. Hey there! great reveiw, also just letting you know I tagged you for the Liebster award on my post! go to my blog for more info! :)

    http://youonlywritesomuch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much. I will post my answers right away!

      Delete