Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Entangled Review


Entangled (Spellbound #1)My Review **SPOILERS**

3 Stars

Ok, so I liked the concept of the book.... Grey is a witch along with her mother and identical twin sister Charlene. Grey dies in her sleep and wakes up 2 months later in her sister's body. Her mom had someone do a resurrection spell that went wrong, and now Grey and Charlene share the same body. They each have control for 24 hours every other day.

There were a few things I didn't like about the book.

1. Nolan: <spoiler> Nolan was introduced as the sweet innocent good guy you want Grey to end up with. Then all of a sudden, after spying Grey and Raj kissing, he does a complete about face and is ready to help Charlene kill her (purge her soul from her body). This is absolutely crazy especially as Nolan knows Raj's reputation. </spoiler>

2. Charlene: Where do I start? <spoiler> I think the biggest thing was that Charlene killed Grey and had absolutely no remorse for doing so. Then 2 days after killing Grey, she tries to kill another girl who slept with her boyfriend and succeeds in putting her in a coma. Once she finds out that Grey can't go back to her own body, Charlene wants to kill her again... because she messed up the relationship with Charlene and her boyfriend.  I mean... come on... The first kill was accidental, but no remorse... really? You just killed your twin sister!!! Who never did anything to you. Oh, and you had been blocking her powers for years because you were jealous she was more talented. </spoiler>

I did like Raj, I just wish we had seen more about him. You do find out he isn't who he is thought to be, but I would have liked to know a little more about who he is.


2 comments:

  1. Lol, Kari! Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

    I get your points about Charlene. I totally hated her, but I felt she was evil. I don't know if that is the case, but maybe she isn't capable of feeling remorse.

    I liked this one more than you did, it seems, but I totally know where you are coming from in your spoilers. Nolan was a total blind side, and I hope to never meet someone so shallow. I'm still interested in finding out what comes next. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christie, I do plan on reading the next one to find out more about what happens. It isn't that I didn't like the book, I just didn't like parts of it. I really did like Grey though and look forward to reading more about her.

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete