Friday, June 29, 2012

Hemlock Review

Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)My Review
3.5 Stars

I was torn as to the number of stars I was going to rate this book. It was going to be 3.5 or 4, but I ended up settling on 3.5 stars, and here is why...

The book on a whole was really good. I enjoyed the main story line a lot, and that is saying something as I am always hesitant with werewolf and vampire books (big Buffy fan - can't stand Twilight). However, I did keep putting it down through the first half just to get a little break. There was a lot of background in the first half and it was Jason heavy. 

I found Jason really really annoying. Stupid rich kid who has more money than brains and can do anything he wants cause the police are in his parents' pockets. I really couldn't stand him. 

I did like the main character Mac, even though she was annoying at points. She had a great background and really cared a lot for her friends (including Jason). Which was the one annoying point... you just wanted her to shut up and leave him to his destruction. 

Loved Kyle! He was such a great character. I really hope we see more of him in the next book, as I think there should have been a little more of him in this one. 

I can't wait for the next one to come out. This is one of those series where I wish I had waited to read it until all the books were out.



No comments:

Post a Comment